Sunday, January 5, 2014

Finally a new post. I bring you my birthday weekend

So this post is only about 7 months overdue.  I've been incredibly behind in posting anything.  Life got a bit crazy last year.  I am trying to update everyone on the exciting events of my 2013.  So here goes. . .

In order for my birthday weekend to make sense I need to give you some background info about my current relationship status. In May I started dating John.  Zane and I wanted incredibly different things out of life.  I knew that the relationship wasn't going anywhere so I decided to end it.  John had moved to Utah in October of 2012 and we had become friends almost immediately.  We both worked at the studio and hung out with the same people so we had built a pretty decent friendship.  I could no longer deny the fact that A. I thought he was SUPER cute, and B. I had started to develop some legit feelings for him.  After a somewhat awkward email conversation (stupid phones being broken led us to discussing our feelings via email) we decided to give dating a try.  8 months later it is going EXTREMELY well :)

About a month into dating, John and I had a conversation about sports, baseball in particular.  Being from Texas, I am all about the football.  Being a huge Jimmer fan, I'm all about the basketball. But baseball was something I had never really gotten into.  John is a pretty decent Yankees fan and knows his baseball well. I knew the basics of baseball, but didn't even have a team that I cared about.  After getting on the google we discovered that there was a Rockies game in Denver the same weekend as my birthday.  Having never  been to a professional baseball game, and my birthday being that weekend, John and I decided to make the drive to Denver to check out my first ever pro baseball game.

Driving to Denver

Waiting for the shuttle to take us to Coors Field


Waiting for the game to start.  Pretty legit seats huh?
The game itself was pretty awesome.  We had freakin awesome seats.  The Rockies won, by a lot.  The game was action packed.  And we had a hilarious drunk guy near us that was all sorts of entertaining.  I couldn't have asked for a better first baseball game :)  It was a quick weekend getaway in Denver, but so much fun.  It's nice that there are enough decently sized cities just a few short hours away that allow John and I the chance to get away for the weekend.  And it's even more nice that I am dating someone that loves to go places and do things with me.

Happy birthday to me!  I have the best boyfriend ever

There are more updates to come!  Stay tuned :)

Enjoy life!

~Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment