Friday, April 11, 2014

I'm still alive

Don't you like how I post that long story of my life journey and then POOF I disappear from my blog for 2 months?  It turns out my life is pretty hectic and blogging has been getting neglected as I try and stay sane.

I just wanted to give a quick update as to what I have been up to lately.  I still plan on catching everyone up on the cool adventures John, Griz, and I have taken over the past year, but while at work I don't have all of the sweet pictures to accompany such posts so that will have to wait a bit longer.

I started a new job at a countertop company in January.  I LOVE it.  I never knew there was so much to know about countertops.  I am slowly becoming an expert as I help customers that come into the showroom decide on new counters.  The job is fun, my bosses are awesome, and the steady income has been a welcome change in my life. 

I still clean 3 buildings on the side.  I still enjoy it and the extra $600 bucks a month for a couple hours every night is well worth it.  Eventually I will cut back on this job if not get rid of it all together, but for now it works with my schedule and the extra income is very much needed.

I also started back at school in January.  Not a lot of people know this about me, so here's some inside information for those of you kind enough to read the blog :)   While I loved what I studied at BYU there just isn't a huge job market for an American Studies Major.  I had been thinking about going back to school for a while but the timing never seemed right.  I finally called Stevens- Henager college and set up an appointment to meet with an advisor.  After chatting with both and academic and financial advisor, I decided this was the right move for me.  I am taking classes online through their sister school Independence University.  I am getting my Master's in Healthcare Administration.  I am hoping that this leads to more professional opportunities, which I'm hoping will lead to me feeling more satisfied with my life.  I love my life as is, but there was something missing. I want to know that my family will be financially secure.  Working as a receptionist is fine for me and John, but won't be enough to support a family on.  Healthcare administrators make on average a significant amount more money than a lowly receptionist  does.  So here's hoping.

John and I are getting ready to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in May.  It's been a great year with a great guy. I love him so very much and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.  I had my doubts that I would ever find someone like him.  But here he is and he is even better than I dreamed.  I am the luckiest girl alive to be dating him.  Seriously he is awesome.

Other than that there isn't too much going on in my life.  Quite frankly I just don't have a ton of time to do much else.   I am contemplating starting ANOTHER blog (yes that would be 3) that will chronicle my attempts at cooking new recipes as I try to battle my cravings for McDonalds and other super unhealthy foods in an attempt to get in shape.  I'm still toying with the idea so if this would be interesting to you please let me know!

More updates to come soon I promise!

Love you all!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment