Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Joys of Being an Adult



It’s been a stressful past couple of days for me.  I’ve had customers get mad at me for not going WAY out of my way for them.  I’ve had customers lie to my bosses about something I said in order to get something for free. I’ve had customers get mad at me for trying to get them to make a final payment.  It’s been stressful for me at work.  Don’t get me wrong.  I LOVE my job.  Most of the time it’s very laid back and stress free.  The past couple of days though have been pretty rough.  Typically customers are very nice and friendly and make work that much better.  But man, when a bad customer comes along, they are VERY bad.

On top of that, John and I have run into a bit of a financial bump.  Without going into detail, money that we thought was a sure thing has turned out to be not so sure.  John and I approach situations like this very differently.  John tries not to worry about stuff that is pretty much out of his control.  He takes the “we’ll figure it out and make it work” approach.  I, on the other hand, get VERY stressed.  I basically spent all last night crying and trying to figure out what I can attempt to sell in order to come up with the money we need.  I started thinking that we were going to get evicted, become homeless, have to get rid of the dogs, break up, and be miserable for the rest of our lives.  That’s just the way my brain works; I automatically think worst case scenario.  Most likely, none of these things are going to happen.  Our rent check isn’t going to bounce.  We will just have to watch our spending for the next little bit.   John and I got to have a very “adult” conversation about bills, money, and all that fun stuff that adults get to stress about.  Talks and situations like this really make me miss being a little kid.
Why are little kids always in such a hurry to grow up and live on their own anyway!?  I remember as a kid being so eager to move out and do whatever I wanted.  Now I would give anything to live back at home with my mom and let her worry about bills and stuff.  Sorry mom!  Granted being an adult means I make my own rules, cook what I want for dinner, and clean when I want.  But man I hate bills. I hate having to worry about paying those bills.  I hate stressing about money. 

I know everything is going to work out and that John and I will be just fine.  I know that I am probably worrying about absolutely nothing.  John and I have a very solid relationship.  We’ve gotten through hard times before, so why should this time be any different?  It shouldn’t and it won’t.   So things get a little tight for the next little bit until this problem works itself out.  As long as John and I stick together everything will be fine.
Until next time with what is hopefully a more upbeat post (maybe even with pictures!),

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment