Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Success in Being Healthy!

I know, 3 blog posts in 2 days!  It's crazy!  Work has been crazy slow this week due to Spring Break and crappy weather.  Thanks Utah for deciding to drop back into the 30's now that it's April.  We all REALLY appreciate it!  I just thought I should blog about the progress I have made in being healthy.

I know I've written what seems like 405858392 blogs about attempting to get in shape and be healthy and all that fun stuff.  Well I am finally starting to make progress. And it's all thanks to John.

After coming back from our Florida trip I had decided that I was FINALLY going to be successful about going to the gym.  I hadn't really talked to John about it, but in my head I was making plans to be healthy.  Then one Sunday night (actually it was about 3 weeks or so ago.  A week and a half after we got back. Whenever that was) John and I are laying in bed.  He out of nowhere asks me what days I want to go to the gym.  Now I have asked John at least a few times if he would ever want to go to the gym with me.  His response had always been a resounding NO.  So when he asks me what days I want to go to the gym my gut reaction is "why do you care what days I go to the gym?".  As it turns out, he was asking me because he had decided he wanted to start going to the gym.  I have no idea what prompted this complete change of mind, but I really didn't think I should question it.  So the next night we went to the gym and got John a membership. 

John is the type of person that when he sets his mind to do something he does it all the way.  There is no cutting corners or slacking off.  John set up a schedule for us and has not let me slack off once.  We go to the gym 5 days a week. We do cardio every day and then work out different muscle groups.  I have never felt like I was getting so much out of my gym membership.  In the past, when I had gone to the gym it was strictly to use the elliptical or treadmill and be on my merry way.  Now I use all of these crazy machines and leave sore EVERY SINGLE DAY!  Luckily its a good sore. . . most of the time. . .

On top of going to the gym 5 days a week, John has really helped me eat healthier too.  We've dropped soda from our diet completely (goodbye Dr. Pepper.  We had a good run.  You are still my go to soda of choice. Don't worry this isn't goodbye forever, just for now). We've started eating more fruits and veggies.  I think we've only gone out to eat once since starting this journey.  We casually count calories.

It has been so nice having John to help me accomplish my goals.  Having a gym buddy makes it so much more fun.  Having that gym buddy be your boyfriend is even better :)  No offense Ky!  And having that gym buddy live with you means you can't slack off and sneak junk food into your diet.  Or at least you can't do that without him finding out.  Or without feeling guilty about it later.

We are in our 3rd week of gym attendance.  I feel so much better about myself and am hopeful that all of the goals I have set for myself will FINALLY prove successful.  Here's to a cute bathing suit body for Connecticut this summer!  And to maybe finally running a 5k in LESS than 40 minutes!

Until next time,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment