Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Don't walk in your backyard barefoot. . .

Monday morning I let the pups out as usual.  I noticed that the sprinkler was on, so I went to turn it off.  I walked across my backyard as I do all the time.  I stepped on a thorn.  I pulled the thorn out.  But a stubborn piece of that thorn got stuck in my foot.  I could not get it out.  I tried EVERYTHING I could think of.  I tried baking soda paste, hydrogen peroxide, Epsom salt, I even had John try to cut it open.  Side note there is not enough tequila in the world to make that not hurt.

So this morning I went to doctor.  I really did not want to go to the doctor to get a stupid thorn removed.  I thought she was going to think I was an idiot.  Luckily I left feeling justified.  The thorn was in my foot pretty deep.  She dug at it for half an hour.  Every time she would grab the thorn she would get a little sliver, but not the whole thing.  She had to give me 3 different shots of Lidacain to numb my foot.  But  finally the little booger came out.  And it was LITTLE.  Luckily I have no infection, just a hole in my foot.  And the new resolution to never walk outside barefoot again.  I am putting a pair of flip flops by my back door.  Seriously that thing freakin hurt.  Let this be a lesson to you all.  Never walk barefoot through grass.  There's all sorts of stuff hiding in there that can cause you a LOT of pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment