Thursday, November 1, 2012

Boys Like Girls Concert

So Here's the back story of this concert, at least from my prospective. I'm sure the bands (Boys Like Girls, All-American Rejects, and Parachute) have a SLIGHTLY different story behind coming to the concert :)

 I LOOOOVE Parachute.  They are my hands down my favorite band.  I discovered Parachute about a year and a half ago, all thanks to the You Tube.  I was searching for a song by a completely different artist and stumbled across this video:


I fell in love at that moment. I mean, who wouldn't love the lead singer Will's gorgeous eyes?  I then proceeded to watch every music video they had on line, purchase both of their albums on I-Tunes, and fall more and more in love with them.  I have been wanting to see them live ever since that day, but I never found  out about their concerts in Utah until the week they were coming. So having a month's notice was PERFECT.  Honestly, had Parachute not been the opening act, I don't know if I would have bought tickets to the concert. So Boys Like Girls should REALLY thank Parachute.

When I noticed that Parachute was the opening act for this concert, I knew I had to buy tickets.  I had been waiting a long time for them to come back to Utah.  I checked their website like once a week to see if they had posted tour dates, I was that obsessed. I called up my sister Ashley to see if she wanted to come with me.  After she agreed, I bought us some tickets and anxiously awaited October 23.  I had to prepare myself for this concert, so I bought some All-American Rejects and Boys Like Girls songs on I-Tunes, made a play list, and listened to it like every day for 2 weeks while I was at work.

Finally October 23 came!  After work, I went home, changed into an appropriate concert going outfit, and headed up to UVU.  Ashley met me there and we got some dinner before going to the concert.  While at the Merch table (because I had to buy me a Parachute T Shirt) I struck up a convo wit the Merch guy. He told me that Parachute typically comes and talks to fans after their set.  I think I almost had a heart attack at that moment. I was going to get the chance to meet Parachute!!!  I told Ashley that we were going to meet them no matter what!

Ashley and me after finding our seats and discovering that we could meet Parachute.

So Parachute came out and put on an awesome show. I LOVED it.  I had no doubts that I would enjoy that part of the concert.  But part of me was distracted by the fact that in just a few moments I was going to meet the band.  During their last song, Ash and I headed back to the Merch table to grab a spot in line to meet the men of my dreams :)


He has some mad sax skills. But sadly he is married


Ashley and me with Will, the voice behind the band.  Oh man I'm in love.  Seriously, so attractive :)


Me with my autographed ticket stub.  This has been in my wallet with me ever since.  Don't think about stealing it, I will kill you :)

After meeting the band and getting some autographs, Ash and I went back inside to listen to All-American Rejects.  I don't really follow them too closely, so I didn't know too many of the songs they performed.  But I will admit, I did enjoy listening to them talk between songs and watching people around me get more and more offended at what they were saying.  All I will say is Utah Valley and All-American Rejects might just be polar opposites.  But I don't know what people were expecting when they came to a concert like this. Oh well I guess. . . I loved it.

Then Boys Like Girls came out.  They were pretty enjoyable. I knew more of their songs then I did All-American Rejects. And they made it fun.  At the very end of the concert, when they sang Love Drunk, they insisted that everyone put up their phones and cameras, if we were sitting in the seats to get out on the floor, and we all just rocked out. I was a bit scared for Ashley, since she is so small. I didn't want her to experience death by mosh pit.  But we had fun.  

I have never gotten the opportunity to go to a concert like this. Most of the time I stick to my country music concerts.  This was a completely different atmosphere, and I loved it.  I did however, go to the concert with a cold and come out of it even more sick than before. But it was definitely worth it. I mean, I got to meet my favorite band. I will take having a cold any day if it means meeting and hugging Will Anderson :)

I can't wait for Parachute to come back to Utah. I hope the next time I see them live, it is just them performing.  I would love to hear more of their songs live.

Great concert, great company, great bands. The end :)



No comments:

Post a Comment