Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trip to My Mom's

Every once in a while, a girl just needs to visit her mom.  I had that desire come in September  I was stressed with work and bills and all that good adult stuff.  I just wanted to get away.  Luckily, my mom only lives about 10 hours away from me, so I took a day and a half off of work,  got in my car and drove to visit her, my step dad, and my little brothers. We didn't do anything special, but that was ok with me. I enjoyed just hanging out at my Mommy's :).

I left work at noon on Friday and began the journey. I took some cool landscape pics on my phone, but haven't uploaded them to my computer yet.  Driving on Highway 6 through Spanish Fork canyon allows you to see some pretty cool rock formations and such.  I loved the scenery a LOT.  And that's saying something because I'm not a huge fan of the mountains. I got to my mom's around 930 or so on Friday night.  My little brothers got to stay awake to say hi to me and then my mom, step dad and I just kind of stayed up for a little bit longer to chat.

Saturday we went out for breakfast at this local Mexican food restaurant.  While there, my youngest brother David asked me if I really had to come back to Utah.  I told him that I did because I had to go back to work.  He then said that I didn't have to go back. Mom could just give me an allowance if I stayed with them.  I said "Well David, it's not that easy".  And then David, being the smart 8 year old that he is said, "Well of course not Tara, you have to do your chores. . . "  Oh how I love that boy.  I sometimes wish I could go back to those days of getting an allowance and living at home.  But alas, I have grown up.

After breakfast, Mike (my step dad), changed the oil in my car while Mom and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some food for dinner and some snacks for my little brothers' soccer games.  Then we all piled in the car to go to the soccer fields.  My little brothers both play soccer and had games at the exact same time.  Luckily their fields were back to back, so we got to watch both games at once.  They both played goalie at the same time, and we were lucky that they were goal tending at back to back goal posts.  I had never gotten the opportunity to see them play soccer, so I loved it!  I don't know much about the sport, but it was fun!

My brothers before their games



David running back to the net after tossing the ball back into the game



Aryan goal tending like a champ

David and me after his game (which he won.  He claims its because he was wearing the Maroon jersey).


Aryan and me after his game.  (Which he lost.  David says it's because his team won and Aryan's team always loses when David wins)

After soccer, we all went home and relaxed. It was hot outside during the games, so we all just needed to cool off. Once dinner time came around, Mom made me my favorite meal: Ranch Chicken and mashed potatoes.  I LOVE that stuff!  It was delicious!  The rest of the evening was spent talking and relaxing.

On Sunday, we basically just hung out around the house.  Mom made me another one of my favorite meals for dinner.  At dinner, another awesome conversation took place between my brothers and me.  I had asked Aryan and David what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Neither one of them knew for sure.  A few minutes later, David said that he wanted to be a Ninja.  This is the conversation that followed:

D: I know what I want to be! A Ninja!
A: You know that Ninjas' have to live in like China or Russia, right?
D: Oh well then I'll just be a retired Ninja!

Oh if only it were that easy!  I wish I could just skip to retirement right now too!  At least I know he's my brother with that mentality!

This is how I awoke every morning.  With a big Alaskan Malamute jumping onto my bed pretending to be a lap dog.  And then a Chihuahua joining in because he wants to play.  I loved it.  Jake (the big one) is such a big cuddle bug!  This is the best way to wake up :)

Monday morning I left my mom's to return to the real world :(  I had an awesome weekend with my family.  I love every minute I get to spend with them.  I can't wait until Thanksgiving when I get to see my little brothers and mom again!

No comments:

Post a Comment