Friday, August 3, 2012

Here's to giving it a go

Why hello everyone.

So I've attempted to start a blog before, but with school and work and life, I promptly gave it up just a few short posts in.  Now that I'm no longer in school and with work leaving me completely exhausted every day, I've decided to give this a go again.  I have no energy once I'm done with work to really do anything except read, watch hulu, facebook, or now blog.  So why not!  I started another blog with my sister about the books we read (check it out. It should prove to be somewhat entertaining).

As for my life, I don't have a ton really going on right now.  I work 2 jobs.  I am a front office assistant for a miniatures painting studio. So yes I basically am in contact with some nerdy people 35 hours a week.  My other job is a cleaning job.  I clean a sleep clinic and a bank.  I think I will end up dropping one of the buildings I clean though so that I can maybe have a little bit more time to relax.

I am dating a pretty swell guy right now too.  He actually is a painter at my job.  So yeah, after trying to date at BYU, and then attempting the whole online thing (and yes I did that. And no you don't always just run into a bunch of  creepers.  Some, yes, but not a bunch), I finally found a great guy through work.  I love him to pieces, even if he can be a bit nerdy at times.  Thankfully I can be just as nerdy, just not necessarily in the same way. Man I feel sorry for our future kids. . .

In other news, I just got over an infected bug bite.  Yeah that was fun. I got to take 5 pills a day for 10 days.  And then I got the bite lanced open.  WHOOT.  Actually it was more like OUCH!!!!!  Yeah I don't recommend it.

I'm also trying to plan a trip to Houston, more specifically Tomball. YAY for Texas!!!  I haven't been home in over 2 years. I'm missing all my friends like crazy, especially since 2 of my great friends have gone and gotten themselves engaged in the past few months!  I need a dose of Texas.  I miss all of my high school buds so much and just need to get away from the stress of work and being broke.  haha. 

Yeah so pretty much that is what I have going on in my life right now.  One of these days I'll catch everyone up on the trials and tales of my last year at BYU.  That will make for some great story telling.  I might not live a super exciting life, but it tends to be entertaining and full of great stories none the less.

Until next time!

~Tara

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear you are doing so well!! Hope you keep your blog up; I love blogging and reading blogs! And thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to dispel any rumors that might start up after the mention of mine and Zane's future kids. . . We are not engaged, married, or planning kids ANYTIME soon. . . I was just speaking hypothetically. Sorry for any confusion that might have caused.

    ReplyDelete