Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reality TV

Lately I have realized just how obsessed I am with reality television.  I Freaking love it.  I can't really tell you why, but I find myself watching all sorts of shows with practically no plot, or story line, or characters that I can really relate to.  But every week, there are shows that I have to watch.  And now I am going to make you all suffer through an explanation of the reality shows I must watch :)

So first off we have Survivor.  I have watched EVERY season of that show. I watched the first few seasons while they were airing on tv.  Then I took like a 3 year hiatus from watching the show, then enter being super bored one night while staying at my grandparents house for the weekend.  I came across Survivor season like 452 on ondemand and starting watching it. And now I am hooked again.  I got so into it that one summer, I watched all 533 seasons on youtube once I got off work.  BTW watching tv shows on youtube is a GREAT way to get your homework accomplished. . . NOT!!!!

i'll give you mad props if you can name everyone in this pic :)

After Survivor, my next favorite reality show has to be the Bachelor/Bachelorette, or Bachelor Pad.  Yeah I know, how unrealistic can you get. None of the couples stay together, but every season, I find myself rooting for the couple to make it.  And as I'm watching the season unfold, I find myself wishing I was able to afford even one of the lavish dates they get to go on.  I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic at heart and would love to think that it can work out for someone.


Emily- what a classy lady. . . with a way awesome fiance!

Now for Big Brother. I am not as obsessed with this show as I am with others. But I have decided that if I were ever to go on a reality game show, this would probably be the one for me. I would be able to sit in a house, eating real food, and sleeping in a real bed. That's my kind of game show. No starving and suffering through extreme weather for me!

Oh how I loved this season: Brenchel and all. . . 

Every Friday night, Zane plays Pathfinder with a bunch of friends from work. I come along with him, but not to play. While the game is going on in the front room, me and one of the other guy's wife watch. . . you guessed it: reality shows!  Over the summer, we have watched Take Me Out- a show where George Lopez hooks a bunch of desperate ladies up with desperate men.  I had to watch that after the first episode to find out if Cat Lady, Cougar, and Smiles ever got a date.  Cat Lady did, I don't think Cougar and Smiles were successful though.  If you don't know who I'm talking about, just watch the show and you'll figure it out.  We also watched the Glass House. Which is a LOT like Big Brother, except the fans control who goes home. Which is cool.  Oh and we also watched the Choice, which is just a dating version of the Voice. I mean they even have the chairs that spin around and celebrity 'judges'.  

YUP. . . that is Joe Jonas 

Other shows I watch when I find them include Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss, What Not to Wear, and Say Yes to the Dress. I've actually learned some stuff from these shows, as opposed to the ones listed prior to this paragraph, in which I am pretty sure I lose brain cells by the second.  I actually was able to use something I learned from Ace of Cakes in my job interview with my current job. Thanks for making a squig cake for Gen Con Charm City cakes! 

I don't know why I love reality tv so much.  I think it's the fact that I can escape into a completely unrealistic situation for an hour or 2 by watching these shows.  In no way will my life every mimic one of these shows, so it's fun to watch and get caught up in the drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment