Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shopping, Mini Golf, and the Super bowl Shuffle

Well hello again friends!

This weekend has been pretty eventful for me as far as weekends go.  I got to hang out with one of my best friends ever!  Ky and I haven't really hung out for a couple of months, so we needed some girl time.  We decided to go window shopping at the mall.  And when I say window shopping, I mean I was literally too broke to buy anything so I got to fantasize about all of these things I really wanted to buy but couldn't.  Anyways, hanging out with Ky is always a blast.  I love my boyfriend and all, but talking to him and talking to my best friends are just not the same.  I mean, does Zane really want to hear me talk about the wedding colors I want and listen to me justify buying an oh so cute pair of shoes?  Probably not.  And yes I did buy an oh so cute pair of shoes. . . Thankfully one of my pay checks came in the mail AND the shoes were on clearance, so I made 1 single solitary purchase at the mall.  And trust me, for spending a couple hours there, only making 1 purchase has to be a record for me.

After hanging out with Ky and going to work, I convinced Zane to go mini golfing with me.  Normally Zane and I are too exhausted to really do anything besides hang out with our co workers or watch tv.  I have been wanting to go mini golfing with him for a while so we did.  When we got to Traflaga, I used my Pass of all Passes (which I didn't know if I would use a lot when I bought it, but it's come in handy) and asked the lady if I could use anything on my starving student card (again a purchase I wasn't sure about) to pay for Zane.  It turns out I could, so Zane and I got to mini golf for FREE!  Whoot!  I love free things. I had never done the outdoor course at Traflaga, so even though it was like 930 at night, outside we went.  When we got to the first hole, none other than Steven Rogers of the BYU men's Basketball team was there.  Zane didn't understand my momentary freak out, but then again, Zane has never seen me watching BYU sports.  So yeah, I was loving watching Steven and his group play some golf.  But I had to focus on my game.  18 holes later, I had gotten 2 holes in one.  Anyone that has ever gone mini golfing with me knows that that is far from normal for me.  I guess my man is a good coach.  At the end of the game, Zane beat me though, with a score of 59 to my 60.  But I scored 2 holes in 1 and I don't think he scored any. . . so I take pride in that :)

After explaining to Zane who the guy in front of us  while golfing was, Zane and I started talking sports.  Zane then started to sing some song I had never in my life heard. . . The Superbowl Shuffle.  It seemed like it could be entertaining, so today, Zane pulled up the video.  In case you don't know what this is, here's the low down.  The 1985 Chicago Bears won the Superbowl. At some point, either before or after winning, they performed this song known as The Superbowl Shuffle.  Yeah it's surprisingly catchy so I've been singing it all day.  If you need some entertainment, find the video and watch a bunch of football stars from the 80's rap.  It's pretty good. And by good I mean awful, and by awful I mean entertaining.

So yeah, as far as weekends go, this was by far more eventful than most.  Pretty pathetic huh? Oh well.  I've had a blast :)

Until next time!

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment